05.02.2024 - Sustainability
UN Global Compact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative. It aims to mobilize a global movement of sustainably operating companies in order to create more sustainable world.
WEPAs sustainability principles are already based on these globally acknowledged principles.
What are the ten principles of UN Global Compact?
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. the effective abolition of child labour; and
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Dr. Stefan Gräter, Group Director Sustainability: "As a pioneer in sustainability, it is our responsibility to promote ecological and social development at an international level. Our commitment to the UN Global Compact underlines this responsibility and shows our conviction that future challenges can only be overcome in community with like-minded people."