The WEPA Group was founded in 1948 as “Westfälische Papierfabrik” in Arnsberg, first as a trading company, later as a processing plant. Since 1958 WEPA has been successful in the production of hygienic paper.
With this step of becoming a paper producer came the start of WEPA’s development into one of the three leading European hygiene paper manufacturers. Through expansion and investment, all WEPA locations have up to date technology to produce modern hygiene paper for a variety of consumer needs. Read more about the WEPA philosophy and the WEPA locations and get an overview of all facts and figures.
Founded as a wholesaler for desk, envelope and gift wrap paper
Start of paper processing
First paper machine, start of paper production and continuous organic growth
Development of the first private labels
Focus on private labels, acquisition of the Kriebstein/Saxony site
Europeanisation of trade – development of European supply capacity, new locations in Ejea (JV in ES), Piechowice (PL) and Mainz (DE)
Acquisition of the assets of an Italian company competitor in Lucca, Cassino (both IT), Lille (FR) and Leuna (DE)
Acquisition of the site in Wales (JV in UK)
Sale of shares in JV in Ejea (ES), acquisition of a site in Troyes (FR)
Acquisition of a Dutch family business and AfH specialist located in Swalmen (NL)
Acquisition of a site in Château-Thierry (FR) for the production of de-inked pulp