History

The WEPA Group was founded in 1948 as “Westfälische Papierfabrik” in Arnsberg, Germany; first as a trading company, later as a processing plant. Since 1958, WEPA has had a successful track record in the production of hygienic paper.

With the step into becoming a paper producer came the start of WEPA’s rise in becoming one of the three leading European hygiene paper manufacturers. As a result of expansion and investment, all WEPA locations have state-of-the-art manufacturing technology to produce modern hygiene paper for a variety of consumer needs.
Part of the global family-owned WEPA Group, WEPA UK manufactures high-quality household paper products for the UK and Ireland.

Backed by its global parent brand, WEPA UK is an established leader in the UK and Ireland household paper markets, with major retailers forming part of its enviable, long-term client base.

WEPA UK has more than 300 employees across two main sites in the UK; Bolton, where it runs its commercial operation, and its paper mill and converting facility in Bridgend, South Wales.

Read more about the WEPA philosophy, our locations and get an overview of all our facts and figures.

1948

1948

Founded as a wholesaler for desk, envelope and gift wrap paper

1953

1953

Start of paper processing

1958

1958

First paper machine, start of paper production and continuous organic growth

1980

1980

Development of the first private labels

2001

2001

Focus on private labels, acquisition of the Kriebstein/Saxony site

2005

2005

Europeanisation of trade – development of European supply capacity, new locations in Ejea (JV in ES), Piechowice (PL) and Mainz (DE)

2009

2009

Acquisition of the assets of an Italian company competitor in Lucca, Cassino (both IT), Lille (FR) and Leuna (DE)

2014

2014

Acquisition of the site in Wales (JV in UK)

2015

2015

Sale of shares in JV in Ejea (ES), acquisition of a site in Troyes (FR)

2017

2017

Acquisition of a Dutch family business and AfH specialist located in Swalmen (NL)

2019

2019

Acquisition of a site in Château-Thierry (FR) for the production of de-inked pulp

Contact Share